Body cam footage shows officer shooting Tymar Crawford during struggle

Deadman_walking

Pissing in your cheerios
Sep 28, 2018
Texas
I don't particularly care for cops these days. For all kinds of reasons. I think they are poorly trained. I think they need to be more selective in who they hire. And I think they have way too much authority and too much protection when they fuck up.

When I see bad conduct or bad shoots I'm at the front of the line pointing that out.

This case.....its tough to see what's happening. As the shots are fired another cop with a weapon drawn kinda blocks the view.

But. The dude was clearly resisting and also attempting to take a cops tazer.

If your resisting arrest for lawful reasons you can not stand behind self defense when LE resorts to force.

Dudes struck out twice in the don't do dept. Resisting arrest is bad enough, going for a cops weapon, including the tazer, is grounds for use of deadly force.

Police depts around the country vary on the requirements for many things but there are universal regs. Every police dept in this country authorizes use of deadly force if someone makes a grab for one of their officers weapons.

I fucking hate how militarized a lot of police depts are and I absolutely hate abuse of authority but it's always best to not argue with the man carrying a gun.

So the dude that got shot....resisted. And went for that tazer.

Justifiable shoot imo. According to the law.

But here's my problem with those cops.

First, cop deploying tazer was waaaay to close to the suspect.

Second is I'd think four cops could muscle one guy to the ground without either a tazer or a firearm.

Third, I heard a cop telling the one with the tazer to " let it go "

Now I'm not saying I know this as fact. Could have just been heat of the moment. Maybe tazer boy was hindering the other cops in taking the guy down. Maybe a lot of things. But cops know the regs for use of deadly force. Above anything else they sure as fuck know that shit.

If tazer cop let's go as instructed the " suspect " is now in possession of a LE officers weapon which means deadly force is authorized.

I have never heard of another case where there was struggle over a cops weapon and another cop says let it go.

The opposite is what I'd expect. You don't let anyone take your weapon. Ever. That's cop 101 stuff.

So that " let it go " command just seems weird to me.

So.....I could make an argument for both sides here really. All kinds of things done wrong by both cops and the guy that ended up shot.

I can't 100% say the cops were right or wrong. It's tough to form an intelligent opinion when all we have is that video which doesn't actually show the shooter.

I'm inclined to side with LE on this one.

Don't resist arrest. Ever. That's a no one situation.

Deadman_walking

Pissing in your cheerios
Sep 28, 2018
Texas
Cop's taser is in his hand, victim was just trying to keep the sparky end off his skin, and as soon as he let's go per the officers' commands he is immediately shot.
Look again.

The dude had ahold of that tazer itself. The cop was struggling trying to hang onto it.

Calling the dude a victim implies the police acted illegally.

I assure you that's not the case. They were well within the law.

But I'll say, shot resisting arrest.

Also fair enough.
It didn't used to be this way, and I don't like the change. Sometimes good people without any experience dealing with the police get a little mouthy and pushy after a few puffs or a few drinks, next thing you know a cop with a bad attitude is "feeling threatened" so he draws and fires. No. No. No. I do not want a government training its police to act this way toward every citizen.

Deadman_walking

Pissing in your cheerios
Sep 28, 2018
Texas
It didn't used to be this way, and I don't like the change. Sometimes good people without any experience dealing with the police get a little mouthy and pushy after a few puffs or a few drinks, next thing you know a cop with a bad attitude is "feeling threatened" so he draws and fires. No. No. No. I do not want a government training its police to act this way toward every citizen.
Yes sir.

I agree with you 100%.

It's an us vs them mentality and I'll tell ya something. Every time I've been even pulled over by a cop I know it's really a roll of the dice as to what kinda cop I'm gonna have to deal with.

What's really fucking scary is the ROE for troops in fucking combat are MORE restrictive than the regs LE adhere too.

Waco, Ruby ridge, and God knows how many others that dared to stand against what they considered a tyranical govt tells anyone willing to look just how this is going to end.

Audrino

Death Addict
Nov 2, 2019
I understand that some cops are good, but damn this makes me wanna back hand one.